ON THE MOVE:
“ NEXT STOP LABOUR MARKET’’
It is a project that aims at empowering and integrating, occupationally and socially, young people who drop out of secondary education, through the active involvement of NGOs and social organizations and their networking with the competent public organizations. The project was implemented in the framework of the European Initiative “EQUAL” and was co-funded by the European Social Fund (75%) and the Ministry of Employment and Social Protection (75%)
The target group is young people (16-28 years old), of different cultural background, who drop out of secondary education, mostly unemployed, but also employed in jobs of low quality.
Partnership Coordinator: IEKEP (Institute of Training and Career Guidance), a private non-profit organization, founded in 1990 to meet the growing needs of the labour market in the areas of training and career guidance. Partners:
1. VOCATIONAL TRAINING S.A.
2. PEDAGOGICAL INSTITUTE
3. INSTITUTE OF CONTINUOUS TRAINING OF ADULTS
4. CENTRAL UNION OF MUNICIPALITIES & COMMUNITIES OF GREECE
5. ATHENS URBAN TRANSPORT ORGANIZATION
6. DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY LEVEL EDUCATION, DEMOCRITUS UNIVERSITY OF THRACE
7. TREK CONSULTING S.A.
8. PAN-HELLENIC ASSOCIATION ''HELLENIC ESTIA''
9. INTERACT EDUCATIONAL
Furthermore, the transnational partnership where "On the Move" participates, in the context of the EQUAL European Inititative, is called EASE (Employability & Adaptability in Social Economy.) It includes 2 more Development Partnerships: one is Italian: FO.R.R.E.S.T.,- Forum Reti e Risorse per l'Economia Sociale e il Territorio - the second one is Slovak: -OZ Inkluzia Project Results:
It is recognized that the following goals have been accomplished:
- Provision of the young with social and professional qualifications, and thus the promotion of equality of opportunities between the two sexes.
- The experimental implementation of new practices of reinforcement of vulnerable young individuals.
- The provision of high quality services of professional orientation and career guidance with an emphasis on the fight against stereotypical conceptions of ‘male' and ‘female' professions.
- The construction and operation of a Mobile Unit providing professional orientation and guidance to young people dropping out of school.
- The appointment of the young to job positions of high prospects and quality.
- Upgrading of infrastructure of the implementation bodies' advisory services and the consolidation of their collaboration with the public services of youth guidance, training and employment.
- The sensitization of the local community on matters of social integration envisaged by the target group (young men and women) and the strengthening of their social awareness.
- Production of specialized material and know-how for the guidance of the young belonging to the specific target group.
- The attraction of volunteers of the same age group as the target group in order to function/operate as a model/paragon to the target group.
For further information: www.onthemove.gr